Available Position @ CCI
MEMBERSHIP AND COMMUNITY INTERNSHIP
The Center for Civic Innovation is looking for someone passionate about building community who is dedicated to ensuring that our members have a good experience with us both online and in person. As our Membership and Community Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of membership management, and spend time getting to know our awesome members, coworkers, and entrepreneurs.
- Provide assistance to CCI's vibrant membership of community leaders, entrepreneurs, and professionals
- Answer questions from CCI visitors and provide tours of the space where necessary
- Participate in community programming, welcoming members and tracking attendees.
- Compiling upcoming events, grant opportunities, and other articles of interest for the weekly member newsletter.
- Welcome new members and answer questions via email.
- Following up with guests and attendees after events.
- Get hands-on experience with membership management: keep CCI membership data up to date.
- Working on a renewal campaign to reach out to members whose membership is expiring
- Monitor CCI's Facebook page to help address any inquiries that come through Facebook.
- Analyze event attendee and member data to better understand our audience and to find opportunities to bring in new members.
The ideal candidate is:
- A people person, good at making connections with new people and learning about what they do.
- Professional but friendly, a good communicator through a variety of channels: email, phone, and social media
- Good about maintaining large quantities of data and looking for new insights and patterns
- An explorer who likes learning new things
- A quick learner when it comes to new apps and tech in general
- A proactive person.
- Likes being part of a team and works flexibly
If you're the kind of person who looks around and asks, "how can I get involved and help?" CCI is the place for you.
- Class credit (pending approval from your institution)
- Reimbursement for internship-related expenses up to $500
- Work directly with experienced CCI leadership team
- Free entry to all CCI events and training programs for the duration of the internship
- Meet entrepreneurs and local leaders who are working to make Atlanta better
- Have a pulse on interesting events and professional development opportunities happening locally
- Work in a great space in a historic building, easily accessible via the Five Points MARTA station
- To be considered for an internship, applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships during the school year requires a minimum availability of 10 hours per week, with 15-20 preferred.
- All interns must be available to check in each Monday at 11:00am to start the week.
- CCI welcomes interns from all educational backgrounds, including those in their senior year of high school. You do not need to be enrolled in a college or university program in order to be considered.
- All interns must love pizza (we’re flexible on what kind)
About the Center for Civic Innovation:
The Center for Civic Innovation (CCI) serves as a community gathering place and research lab for the people and organizations working for a better Atlanta. CCI hosts monthly events, offering training, workshops, and opportunities for constructive dialogue at their historic South Downtown space. The Center’s core program, Civic Labs, facilitates funding in early-stage ideas and organizations, creating a safe space to test innovative solutions to longstanding civic challenges.